Monday, April 22, 2013

What a Venomous Wildlife Day at Our House!

My friend Diana came over to check on our baby hummingbirds and as we were looking at the nest, one flew out.  It flew about 20 feet, sat for a while, gathered itself together and took off for a nearby mesquite tree.  That was the first time I had ever seen a baby bird take its first flight.
 
Then the UPS man delivered a package with a warning about a large Gila Monster in the driveway.  It had already nestled next to our wall by the time I got this picture.
 
 
And an hour after that, I walked out of the garage and saw this Western Diamondback rattlesnake. This isn't a great picture, but then I didn't want to get any closer - and the snake was too long to zoom in on.  There was no mistaking the striped tail, however. 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. What, no killer bee swarm?
    Stay safe and keep your eyes open.

    ReplyDelete